This offer is valid from 9 September 2021 to 27 September 2021 Malaysia Time (MYT).
Free Gift, Other, Rebate
Time to design and shine!
Get inspired by Fritilldea & Asyikin Abdullah’s designs celebrating Malaysia’s unique heritage and then create your own version of the “MY IKEA” logo.
Break out the pens and pencils, let your imagination run wild and stand a chance to win a share of RM25,000 in gift cards.
A total of 100 winners will be selected and each winner will receive a RM250 IKEA gift card.
Download template at IKEA.my/25anniversary and submit entry by 27 Sept!
How to participate
- Download the design template Here.
- Take your time to create your own beautiful artwork. Submit your artwork via email with these particulars by 27 September 2021.
- Submission email: [email protected] Include these particulars in the submission:
- Contact number:
- Email Address:
- Which IKEA store do you usually visit?
- Tell us about your design:
Meet the Artists
Malaysia’s rich ethnic tapestry is made up of many different cultures. To commemorate 25 years as one of Malaysia’s favourite stores, we partnered with two talented local artists –Fritilldea and Asyikin Abdullah – to celebrate our heritage through colour and creativity.
Asyikin Abdullah is an emerging mural artist and illustrator who is leading the way for local female artists. Her design for IKEA MY celebrates both Malaysian and Swedish heritage, weaving together traditional wood carving, the red toned batik pattern from Malaysia and blues, deep greens and yellow from Scandinavian tapestry. Her emblem also features the Malaysian hornbill and local flowers like Bunga Raya & Rafflesia designed with the Scandinavian folk art style.
Fritilldea is an up-and-coming street artist and illustrator who is already making his mark within the heart of KL. His design will be unveiled on 16 Sept, so stay tuned!
Terms and Conditions for All Participants
Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd. (1074617-K) and business office at 2 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,Malaysia (“IKEA”) is the organiser of this MY IKEA Design Contest.
1. The MY IKEA Design Contest will be open online in Malaysia starting 9 September 2021 at 00:01am to 27 September 2021 at 11:59pm (GMT +8). This contest is open to all Malaysians. IKEA employees and their immediate families are excluded from this contest.
2. No purchase or any other fee payment is required to participate in the contest.
3. Participants who are below 18 years old must have the consent of their parent or guardian on these Terms & Conditions.
4. Participants can submit as many entries as they wish. Late or incomplete entries will be disqualified.
5. All entries must be submitted via email. Please refer to the ‘how to participate’ guide below.
How to participate
6. IKEA invites all participants to join the contest by submitting their design online. The drawing template can be downloaded at IKEA.my/25anniversary.
7. All participations must be submitted via email by 11:59pm (GMT +8) on 27 September.
8. Submission email: [email protected]
9. Please include these particulars in the submission.
Which IKEA store do you usually visit?
Tell us about your design:
10. Malaysia is a multi-ethnic country and made up of many different cultures. To commemorate 25 years as one of the Malaysia’s favourite store, IKEA partnered with 2 local artists – Fritilldea and Asyikin to add their own local creative flavour to the designs. Along with Fritilldea and Asyikin, IKEA Malaysia will be selecting 100 winners at the end of this contest.
11. Criteria for selecting the winners are based creativity, uniqueness and relevance to the campaign.
12. A total of 100 winners will be selected and each winner will receive a RM250 IKEA gift card.
13. The winning designs will be featured in the winners’ announcement post on IKEA Malaysia’s social media account including Facebook and Instagram.
14. All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash or credit alternatives will be given in exchange for the whole or any part of the prizes. IKEA reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize or equivalent value. Any eventual tax debt that arises out of or in connection to the prize received shall be paid by the parent or guardian in accordance with local legislation.
15. IKEA reserves the absolute right to select an alternate winner and award the prize to another participant in the event that IKEA has reasonable grounds to believe that a participant has acted in a way which is inconsistent and contrary with these Terms and Conditions or has acted in a way which IKEA considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive.
16. All the winners will be notified by e-mail or phone by IKEA and are required to collect the prize from the selected IKEA store. If the prize is not collected within 1 month* of notification, the prize is forfeited and IKEA shall select another winner.
*Subject to change according to state’s National Recovery Plan (NRP) status.
Liability and permissions
17. The promoter for this contest is IKEA. Any questions or queries regarding the contest should be sent to [email protected] or call 03-7952 7575
18. IKEA does not hold any responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your e-mail. Proof of sending is not a proof of an e-mail receipt.
19. IKEA is not be liable for any loss arising from the postponement, cancellation, delay or change to the prize or for any act or default from any third party supplier. IKEA does not exclude or limit liability in any way for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or fraud or by unforeseen circumstances.
Intellectual Property Rights
20. All contest entries must be the original work of the participant. Any intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright and design rights in the artwork and the description of the creative process provided by participants, in the winning entries, are transferred to and shall belong to IKEA from the point at which the competition entries are provided to IKEA. The original work and any alterations and adaptions may be used by any IKEA affiliate in marketing material irrespective of medium and form.
21. The participant’s name will be mentioned in the winning announcement.
22. The MY IKEA Design Contest and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of Malaysia.
Notice pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
Under the PDPA, there are various requirements that regulate the processing of your personal data as an individual. It informs you of your rights under the PDPA, including actions you may take to exercise such rights and its consequences, and in particular:-
a. That we, Ikano Handel Sdn Bhd (“IKEA”), collect your personal data directly from your participation in the MY IKEA Design Contest;
b. You have the right to access and correct your personal data once given;
c. Your personal data may be disclosed to an elected agency for processing;
d. Your personal data will be used for this contest, including, to communicate with you, provide products and/or services to you, respond to your enquiries or complaints, identify you (including publishing your name and photograph);
e. The personal data given is required for this contest and all incomplete entries will render the
f. We will keep and process your personal data in a secure manner. We will provide and implement appropriate security safeguards to ensure your personal data will not be misused and to prevent any unauthorised processing of your personal data.
h. If there are changes to your personal data, or if you wish to make inquiries or give feedback, please send an email to [email protected] or call 03-7952 7575